How to Cure Stomach Pain Naturally: 20 Home Remedies for Stomach PainNatural Supplements & Herbs
Stomach pain occurs in the region between the groin and the chest. There are wide varieties of stomach pain causes such as indigestion, chronic constipation, eating junk food, ulcers, etc. Almost everyone at some time in their life has encountered a stomach ache. If the stomach pain is not indicative of a severe problem such as appendicitis, it can be treated naturally. Home remedies help to cure stomach pain naturally without causing any damage to the body. Following are some of the effective home remedies for stomach pain.
1. Turmeric can be used effectively to cure pain in stomach due to indigestion or acidity. Boil 1 cup of milk with 1 tsp of turmeric powder. Drink this while it is warm to cure abdominal pain.
2. Take a cup of warm water; mix 1 table spoon of fresh lime juice some sugar, and half a teaspoon of baking soda in it. Drink it to soothe stomach ache. This is one of the simplest home remedies to cure stomach pain caused by gas.
3. Parsley tea has a soothing effect on the stomach. The parsley herb is well known for helping to expel gas, aid digestion.
4. Prepare a mixture by adding juice of one lemon with juice of one whole radish and drink it. It will stimulate the digestion and will cure stomach pain caused by indigestion. When pain occurs due to heavy meals, use this remedy for quick relief.
5. Crush 1 inch piece of ginger and boil it in 150 ml water. Let the mixture cool, and then strain it. Drink at frequent intervals to cure abdominal pain.
6. Massage your abdomen and belly area with fresh ginger juice. This is one of the simplest home remedies for stomach pain.
7. Mix a pinch of asafetida and rock salt with half a teaspoon of dry ginger powder and a cup of water. Drink this water to treat abdominal pain.
8. Soak cardamom seeds in a cup of water for 10 minutes. Drink the water. Do this remedy 3 times a day, preferably before your meals to prevent stomach pain.
9. Mix coriander juice with buttermilk and drink it. This is one of the easiest and beneficial home remedy to treat stomach pain due to indigestion.
10. Grapes are also very good for indigestion and also help you to cure abdominal pain.
11. Licorice tea helps naturally soothe an upset stomach. Licorice has both pain relieving and anti-inflammatory properties which will help to cure pain in stomach.
12. Adding fiber to your diet is essential for your digestive health. If you have problem with indigestion, eat apples before meals. It will help prevent abdominal pain and keep your digestive system healthy.
13. Boil 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon with water and drink it. Some honey can be added to improve the taste. This is one of the simplest home remedies for stomach pain.
14. Prepare ginger tea and add 2 teaspoon castor oil in it and have it two times a day. It will help prevent the formation of excessive gas leading to stomach pain.
15. Pomegranate seeds are highly beneficial as a home remedy for stomach pain. Mix 30 gm of pomegranate seeds with salt and a pinch of black pepper and eat it.
16. Applying warm compresses or heating pads on the painful area help to cure abdominal pains in most of the cases.
17. Mix 1 gram of rock salt powder with two teaspoon of lemon juice in 50 ml of water and drink this thrice a day. This is also one of the good home remedies for stomach pain.
18. Peppermint tea is a good stomach pain home remedy for older children and adults. This is a great remedy if the pain in stomach is due to overeating or other food issues. Peppermint has menthol, which soothes the digestive tract thus reducing the stomach pain.
19. Mix powdered fenugreek seeds with 1cup yogurt and have it. Fenugreek seeds help to neutralize and absorb stomach acids, thus reducing the pain in stomach.
20. Mix some basil leaves and 3 tablespoons of curd, a pinch of black pepper and salt. Have this mixture as a home remedy to cure stomach pain.
You can successfully cure stomach pain with the help of these natural home remedies. If, even after following some of the home remedies above, abdominal pain persists and worsens with the passing of time, you should consult a doctor to rule out life-threatening issues.