Easy Heartburn Relief: Natural Home Remedies for HeartburnNatural Supplements & Herbs
Heartburn is a painful sensation that spreads up from the stomach to the chest and throat. It is usually caused by excess acid in the stomach. Heartburn hits when the stomach acids escape into your esophagus (the tube that carries food, liquids and saliva from your mouth to the stomach) causing irritation and pain. The most common symptom of heartburn is burning throat or burning feeling in the chest. Other symptoms of heartburn often include burping, hiccups, indigestion, bloating, gas, nausea, shortness of breath and a sour taste in the throat and mouth. Symptoms of heartburn can cause significant discomfort and pain. For immediate relief, you can use some natural home remedies for heartburn relief. Home remedies for heartburn can offer significant relief from symptoms of indigestion and acid reflux.
Home Remedies for Heartburn Relief
Home remedies for heartburn are some of the best ways to get relief from heartburn effectively. Here are some natural home remedies for easy heartburn relief.
• Drinking lukewarm water after each meal helps neutralize the hydrochloric acid produced by the stomach. The more water you drink, the less likely you are to suffer the pains of heartburn. This is one of the best home remedies for heartburn.
• Almonds are a good source to relieve heartburn naturally. Eat several almonds when heartburn symptoms persist. There are properties in the almonds, which can neutralize the symptoms of heartburn.
• Home remedies for heartburn also include baking soda. Take 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in 1/2 glass of water to relieve acid indigestion or heartburn.
• Eating fresh apples will help to neutralize the stomach acids. Eating an apple a day together with a glass of lukewarm water also helps decrease the frequency of heartburn.
• Eat fresh papaya or drink papaya juice, which is very powerful among the existing natural home remedies for heartburn. Papaya contains certain enzymes, which may aid in the digestion of foods thus helping the body to produce less acid.
• A simple remedy is to mix 1 tablespoon of lemon balm leaves, peppermint leaves, and fennel seeds with hot water and let the solution steep for a few minutes. Strain the leaves and seeds out before drinking this natural and beneficial tea. This remedy for heartburn helps soothe painful situation.
• Marshmallow root is considered as one of the effective natural home remedies for heartburn relief. When soaked in water, it makes a gooey substance that covers the lining of the esophagus and prevents the acid from burning it. For the best results, put one teaspoon of powdered marshmallow root into one cup of water and drink up to 4 cups a day as needed.
• Ginger is another one of the powerful natural home remedies for heartburn relief. Ginger helps to absorb excess stomach acid and settle a sour stomach. Chew a piece when you are feeling the acid reflux kick in. You may take ginger juice mixed with lemon juice in water to get relief from heartburn.
• Raw potato juice also helps in preventing heartburn naturally. Make a juice using raw potatoes and drink after meals. It helps us arrest the heartburn.
• Natural home remedies for heartburn also include Brown rice bran. It contains Gamma-oryzanol helpful against heartburn. It can help soak up excess stomach acids that cause heartburn. It can either be consumed in plain form or after adding a little quantity of sweetener to it.
• Adding turmeric to your food is also a natural remedy for heartburn. It breaks down fatty foods and helps reduce acidity in the esophagus.
• Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of honey with 1 cup of warm water. Having this mixture would heal the sensation of heartburn.
• Cinnamon is useful in treating heartburn. Make tea using cinnamon sticks. Have this tea once or twice a day.
• Drinking freshly made cabbage juice can help digestion, reduce the burning feeling from heartburn, and has a cooling effect on the stomach.
• Soda crackers provide immediate relief from acid indigestion. Soda crackers are partially made from bicarbonate of soda, which is great for heartburn relief as it can neutralize acid.
• Swallowing a spoon of already prepared yellow mustard with about 1/2 glass of water will stop heartburn instantly. One of the effective natural home remedies for heartburn relief.
• Among the home remedies for heartburn, green tea is very helpful. Consider drinking a few cups of green tea daily. Green tea contains polyphenols, which help to relieve heartburn.
• Drinking Aloe Vera juice acts beneficially in healing intestinal tract and thus relieving heartburn. If you can tolerate the taste of it, drink 1/4 cup of Aloe Vera juice each morning on an empty stomach.
• Prepare tea using chamomile flowers and consume this tea after meals. This would relieve you from esophageal irritation.
• A low fat, high-fiber diet is the best diet to follow if you suffer from chronic heartburn.
• The best way to prevent heartburn is to eat several small meals during the day, as larger meals tend to create excess stomach acid, which then leads to heartburn.
• Avoid a diet high in refined sugar. A diet high in sugar makes heartburn worse. It can irritate the esophageal lining and cause an increase in stomach acid.
• Along with the above given natural home remedies for heartburn relief, you should also try to reduce stress, as stress can trigger heartburn.
Heartburn is one of the most miserable sensations a person can develop. Natural home remedies for heartburn relief helps reduce the pain and discomfort of a normal episode. However, if the heartburn becomes a continuing problem for you and makes it difficult for you to eat properly, you should discuss it with your physician.